Pattern: Grainline Studio's Archer Button-up shirt
Textiles Used: Polyester blend that I bought in the garment district.
Sizing: The style is a bit oversized and I think that the measurements were right on for the fit that I wanted. If you are in between sizes I would lean down instead of up.
The Good: Love this pattern. Silky blouses are everywhere right now so I was super excited when this pattern was released. The blouse came together really well. I will certainly be making more.
The Bad: The instructions are definitely written for an intermediate plus sewer. It just assumes that you know a lot. I have made a few button ups, but still needed to look up videos on youtube for the placket and button band. That being said, Jen is doing a sew along for this shirt. Her tutorials are always the best so I bet she will make the shirt sewable for all levels.
Changes Made: None. Well, none intentionally. I accidentally sewed my collar on upside down and didn't realize it until it was much too late to change. Luckily my fabric is busy enough that no one will ever notice.
Changes For Next Time: If I made the same version again I would probably move the back ruffle up about an inch. I am short waisted and it falls a bit low for me in the back. I would also make the cuffs smaller as I had to overlap them a few inches to make them fit.
Conclusion: Highly recommend this pattern! So versatile and I plan on making a bunch. I am especially excited to sew along with her on her blog.