PATTERNMAKING SEWING

INTRODUCING THE NOVA JUMPSUIT

July 29, 2020

A couple of months ago when I first started designing this pattern, we had just stared our Covid lockdown. The way I was dressing was starting to shift and what I needed didn’t exist in my wardrobe. I wanted a comfy, easy to throw on outfit that could double as both loungewear and daywear. As I started dreaming up what this might look like, the Nova started to form.

The Nova pattern is a knit, pull-on jumpsuit with no fiddly closures. It has four views. Views A and B have a wide elastic waistband and inseam pockets. Views C and D have a straight fit through the waist and attached front pockets. Views A and C are a short romper length while Views B and D are long with an elastic casing at the ankle.

The Nova is currently offered as PDF only. It comes in two size ranges – sizes 0 – 18 and a C cup and 14 – 30 and a D cup. You can access both size ranges from my site here.

We will talk more about fabric in later posts, but for now just know that this pattern works best in light to medium weight knits with at least 20% stretch. I prefer stable knits like cotton interlock or t-shirt jersey. You can also use slinkier knits like rayon or bamboo, just know that these fabrics have a tendency to grow as you sew them so you may need to size down, especially in the height, to accommodate.

There will be a full sewalong coming for the Nova in September when we release the mini version of this pattern. You can purchase the Nova here at 20% off (no code needed) through this Sunday.

• Reply Steph July 29, 2020 at 1:49 PM

I haven’t bought a sewing pattern in years, let alone used my serger, but this is the jumpsuit I’ve been looking for and never been able to find. Thank you!!! I just bought it and look forward to the sew-along because since the birth of my kid 9 years ago I’ve only made Halloween costumes and pillow cases.

• Reply Sarah D. July 31, 2020 at 12:03 PM

This looks amazing. Are there blog posts by any testers? I’d love to see some more information by people who have made it before i jump in!

• Reply Sarah D. July 31, 2020 at 12:04 PM

This looks amazing! Are there blog posts or anything by any testers?

• Reply truebias August 1, 2020 at 11:34 AM

if you look at the hashtag you will see some photos of a bunch of my testers. i hope that helps. #novajumpsuit

• Reply paper helper January 20, 2021 at 7:11 AM

hi everyone here!

• Reply Jason January 20, 2021 at 7:12 AM

hi everyone https://expert-writers.net/ here!

• Reply Jimmy Poss February 23, 2021 at 5:06 PM

A good suit! I love your approach to creating functional and stylish clothes. I wonder if you yourself learned to pattern and sewing or attended some courses for this? By the way, the photos that you attached to the post look good enough! I advise you to post them on Instagram, where tens of thousands of people can see them and appreciate your skills. I sometimes see similar photos there and almost always such photos have almost 15 thousand likes! I am sure this is because their authors use the services of https://soclikes.com/ in order to wind up likes for Instagram.

• Reply Jimmy Poss February 23, 2021 at 5:07 PM

• Reply Jacob Lucas February 23, 2021 at 5:11 PM

Hello, i like your combinezone , you are a cool designer of dress!

• Reply Aaron Sullivan April 2, 2021 at 10:38 AM

You could promote your new clothes collection on instagram. From this site https://picante.today/advertising/2021/01/07/184384/lets-speak-about-whats-not-working-for-instagram-promotion/ you can read how to get many followers if you have such problem

• Reply Bali Architects April 19, 2021 at 12:44 AM

Satya Puri Studio is Bali architects have worked on historically-inspired homes & villa around the world — including “Lux Villa in Bali; Sukh Sagar Haveli in Jodhpur, Rajasthan; Kahani Paradise in Gokarna. Their work shows inspiration across history and styles, tied together with the goal of enhancing life through good design.

• Reply MAN April 19, 2021 at 12:47 AM

Layanan Jasa Pembuatan Jasa Pembuatan Website di Bali

• Reply Segara Cloud April 19, 2021 at 12:47 AM

Layanan Jasa Pembuatan Jasa Pembuatan Website di Bali

• Reply Michael Kuester July 26, 2021 at 8:50 PM

A good suit! I love your approach to creating functional and stylish clothes. I wonder if you yourself learned to pattern and sewing or attended some courses for this? By the way, the photos that you attached to the post look good enough! Don’t you think it’s worth posting these thoughts on Instagram? After all, this social network is now very popular. By the way, I advise you to use https://viplikes.net/ in order to quickly increase the number of subscribers and promote your account to the top.