ON MY MIND

2014 GOALS FOR TRUE BIAS

January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

So, I have some personal life goals as well, but I really wanted my blog/sewing to have it’s own list.  I have been thinking a lot about where I want this blog to go in the following year and these are the goals that I think are going to take me there.

1 – Stay on top of my inbox
I am seriously the worst about this.  I am horrible about deleting all of the unnecessary emails that I get and therefore the important stuff often gets shuffled amongst the rest.  This year I really want to be more on top of organization so I think that keeping my blogging inbox in control is a great place to start.

2 – Move my blog to WordPress
This has been on the to do list for a long time, but I know that I’ve just got to bite the bullet and do it in the near future.  It won’t be fun, but for my blog to grow I think it’s a must.

3 – Sew More for Myself
With the birth of my little boy at the beginning of 2013 I lacked the enthusiasm to do a lot of sewing for myself.  I made a few things for me, but made a lot for my husband and kids too.  I will continue with some of that, but am ready to focus on myself a little more this year.

4 – Release a True Bias Pattern
As some of you know I took some patternmaking classes years ago in college and then started taking a few more classes this year at FIT here in NYC.  I have wanted to produce a pattern for awhile, but am finally feeling the confidence in my skills to do so.  The goal is April, but that is a very loose goal.  It’s more important to me that it is done well.  Crossing my fingers that I can make this happen.

Do you guys have any special goals for your sewing / blogging specifically?

• Reply Cirque Du Bebe January 1, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Exciting! Reminds me I desperately need to clean out my inbox. Will probably feel just as good as getting taxes done. Yay for the pattern release, I know it will be a goody!

• Reply Teresa January 1, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Wahoo….a pattern by you would be awesome! I can’t wait to see what your making!

• Reply Madalynne January 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

There is a a huge learning curve when making patterns, but I believe you can do it! Let’s hope 2014 is good to both of our blogs!

• Reply Lauren January 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Can’t wait to see your pattern! I, too, am hoping to release one this spring/summer. Fingers crossed! I am like you – I want it done RIGHT, not FAST…

• Reply Amy January 2, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Oh yay! I’ve been wondering about that “Patterns” link at the top of the page. I can’t wait to see what you have in mind for your first pattern. So fun! PS When you mention moving to WordPress, do you mean WordPress.org?

• Reply lisa g. January 2, 2014 at 9:08 AM

i was terrible about cleaning out my inbox as well… got to a point where i had thousands of emails (mostly garbage) just sitting there! i made an effort to clean it up a couple months ago and i’ve managed without too many regressions! i also moved from blogger to WP last spring and i’ve never regretted it. in fact it was so crazy easy to do i was mad at myself for not doing it earlier! best wishes for all your goals, happy 2014!

• Reply sallie oleta barbee January 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Happy New Year, Kelli! This is a great list! I would like to move my blog over to wordpress (and just generally give it some love and a facelift) but am really dreading it! Haha! Here’s hoping 2014 is that year…

• Reply Katy Patzel January 2, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Pattern, did I read pattern? I’m really excited to see that goal come to fruition. Happy New Year!

• Reply Kelly D. January 2, 2014 at 11:11 AM

How exciting! I am looking forward to your pattern, whenever it is released! I am a low-key blogger without much content, but I recently moved my blog to wordpress and haven’t looked back. The process was very easy and it’s so much easier to manage comments and post via mobile! Good luck!

• Reply angela January 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM

It’s so inspiring to hear everyones goals for 2014! Can’t wait to see your pattern!

• Reply Jennifer, Workroom Social January 2, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Happy new year, Kelli! Can’t wait to see what all you accomplish in 2014.

• Reply Monica Swift January 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Ooh, I like that idea of a pattern coming out..! As for goals I have sewing for myself up on that list.

• Reply gingermakes January 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Happy 2014! I’m so excited for you! I think you’re going to have a great year!

• Reply Neeno February 6, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I want to finish at least one garment a month, put more effort in to getting the fit right, and also do a pattern making course. With my blog, I want to fill it with helpful tips and links to tutorials – maybe even write one of my own? And take nicer photos.