It’s time to get rolling with the 2013 Ornament Exchange. This is the first year in my adult married life that we are going to buy a Christmas tree so I am pretty excited about this. Just like last year, myself and 9 other bloggers are working behind the scenes to create ornaments for an exchange that will include tutorials, pictures, etc. on our blogs and I will be revealing who those bloggers are very soon.
But I thought that it would be really fun if this year I opened it up to anyone who wanted to join in. So, this is how it works. If you want to be part of an ornament exchange then do the following:
- By Monday Dec. 2nd send me an email with the subject line : ornament exchange participant. In the email include your name and mailing address. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You will receive an email back from me by Wednesday Dec. 4th with your group. There will be around 10 people in each group and they will be somewhat regional for shipping purposes.
- Make an ornament for each person in your group (and one for yourself).
- Mail your ornaments no later than Wednesday Dec. 18th.
- Put the following badge in your sidebar if you have a blog.
That is it. I can’t tell you how much fun it was to receive all of these small packages as the holiday approached last year. My daughter became giddy every day around mail time.
The only rule is that the ornaments must be homemade. They can be sewn, knitted, made from clay, etc… let your creativity soar. They can be original designs or from a pattern or tutorial. It’s up to you. I really hope that you all want to participate. I can’t wait to see what you all make!
Here is the blog badge: