OTHER

GLEEFUL LAKESIDE PJS

July 18, 2014

gleeful lakeside pjs-7199

I’ve been wanting to make up some of Grainline’s Lakeside PJ’s for awhile now.  Mostly because I love everything she makes.  Also because it is crazy muggy and hot in NYC right now and we don’t have central air. Yuck.

gleeful lakeside pjs-7201

When Caroline of Sew Caroline contacted me about trying out some of her new fabric from her Gleeful line I knew that this would be the perfect project.  I hadn’t ever worked with voile from Art Gallery Fabrics before, but I can honestly say that it’s beautiful and soft and high quality.  I wouldn’t hesitate to buy voile from them again.

gleeful lakeside pjs-7203

Like all of Grainline’s patterns the Lakeside PJ’s went together seamlessly.  She has a really clever way of sewing the shorts together and attaching the tape.  It’s simple and fast to sew up and fit perfectly.

My only regret is that I didn’t take the time to make my own bias tape.  It takes 7 yds of bias tape and I really didn’t want to make it.  Instead I bought some in the garment district hoping that it would be better quality, only to be disappointed.  It is a beautiful color and I love the contrast, but it’s not soft at all.  These pjs will still get tons of wear, but next time – and there will be a next time – I will make my own bias tape for sure.  It’s definitely worth the effort.  Take it from me.

gleeful lakeside pjs-7208

* disclaimer – The fabric for this post was provided by Art Gallery Fabrics as part of the Gleeful Blog Hop.  As always the opinions expressed in this post are my own.

• Reply Kristi July 18, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I’ve had my eye on this pattern too. What a great fabric combination!

• Reply Gleeful Blog Hop: True Bias - SewCaroline July 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

[…] the green trim she used for this project!!! Check out some more photos and a bit more about her PJs here. I SO need a pair of […]

• Reply Heather July 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM

These are gorgeous! I do that with bias tape too – I’m so lazy, but I agree it’s probably worth the effort to make your own.

• Reply Nicole July 18, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Lovely pajamas! They look so perfect for the summer heat–add that to the list of patterns I MUST make!

• Reply Charlotte July 18, 2014 at 5:01 PM

These look fantastic – I fancy trying an Alder dress & now I’m tempted to get the Lakeside PJs pattern too

• Reply Stacia July 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM

What cute and comfy looking pjs! I’m sorry the bias tape didn’t turn out to be very soft. The contrast looks amazing!

• Reply kristin July 19, 2014 at 1:11 AM

ohhhh these are great! i really need to get that lakeside pattern and sew it up. the shorts look super comfy and i love the back detail on the tank.

• Reply Lisette July 19, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I love your version, thanks for posting it! I’ve only ever seen it on girls with tiny busts, so I have been hesitant to make it.

• Reply Bec Stitches July 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM

eep super cute:)

• Reply Suzanne July 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Making bias tape is such a pain, isn’t it? But yes, so worth it.

• Reply Clio July 21, 2014 at 4:49 PM

What a great reward to yourself for all the hard work you’ve put in on the Hudsons! The green looks fantastic even if the quality isn’t what you’d want.

• Reply True Bias July 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM

thanks clio. yeah i needed to sew something for me that wasnt a hudson pant. its been awhile.

• Reply Samantha July 22, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I buy my bias tape from http://www.farmhousefabrics.com whenever they have something I like and/or fits an upcoming project. It’s a good balance between making it yourself and using the stiff stuff from the stores.

• Reply True Bias July 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM

thank you so much for the recommendation. ive never heard of that before.

• Reply Ginger July 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Stop being so cute!!! This set is adorable on you! I really like the green contrast with the blue. I’ve definitely kicked myself for using store-bought bias tape time after time. I hate making it myself but the results are just so much better!

• Reply True Bias July 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM

thanks Sonja. im glad i am not the only one.

• Reply Gleeful Blog Hop Roundup - SewCaroline August 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM

[…] True Bias: Lakeside PJs (pattern available) […]

• Reply Amanda vs Lakeside Pyjamas September 7, 2014 at 7:11 AM

[…] also: Awfully Nice, True Bias, […]

• Reply Sew & Tell | Kelli of True Bias | grainline August 7, 2015 at 8:55 AM

[…] Link to your post about this project   Gleeful Lakeside Pajamas […]

• Reply building a successful blog successful blogging creating a successful blog starting a successful blog writing a successful blog tips for a successful blog successful blog tips start a successful blog making a successful blog having a successful blog make a September 7, 2015 at 11:12 AM

These are great and the most effective fundamental principles of style
    the earth have experienced @ the second so much, is not straightforward wondering to design as a very good designer but allow your thoughts and
    innovations lives generations lengthy for the other folks to emulates you.
    Make the ideal and allows your very best be from these recommendations for the entire
    world to remember permanently.

• Reply » Sew & Tell | Kelli of True Bias April 13, 2016 at 2:02 PM

[…]   Kelli Ward Where can we find you online?   True Bias Link to your post about this project   Gleeful Lakeside Pajamas Which pattern did you use?   Lakeside Pajamas What type of fabric or other materials did you use? […]